|Chocolate Hazelnut Banana Bread|
Chocolate Hazelnut Banana Bread
5 Tbsp Nutella (See- Already delish!)
3 Tbsp plus 1 tsp canola oil, divided
3 Tbsp butter, softened
1/2 cup packed brown butter
2 medium ripe bananas, sliced
2 large eggs
6.75 ounces all purpose flour (about 1 1/2 cups)
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup whole buttermilk (I used low fat cuz that's what they had at the store)
Baking spray with flour
1/4 cup hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
1 oz bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Combine chocolate-hazelnut spread and 1 tsp oil in a microwave-safe dish; microwave at HIGH for 30 sec. or until melted. Stir. Combine 3 Tbsp. oil, butter, brown sugar, and banana in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium-high speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Beating at low speed, add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to banana mixture; beat just until combined.
4. Scrape half of batter into a 9 x 5 inch metal loaf pan coated with baking spray
5. Top with chocolate hazelnut spread mixture.
6. Spread remaining batter over chocolate mixture. Using a pick, swirl batter.
7. Sprinkle batter with hazelnuts. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out with moist crumbs clinging. Cool 10 minutes in a pan on a wire rack. Remove bread and cool on a wire rack.
8. Place bittersweet chocolate in microwave-safe dish; microwave at high for 30 seconds. Drizzle bread with chocolate; let stand until set.
|Look at that delicious swirl of hazelnut spread in the banana bread - mmmm mmm!|
I hope you had a little "sweetness" in your life this week!