The awesome thing about Weight Watchers is that you can have pasta if you want to - just with plenty of veggies with it. That's ok with me. I love veggies too!
So tonight I made Angel Hair Pasta with Eggplant-Tomato Sauce from the Weight Watcher website. It was delicious and just what the carb-lover in me was craving!
|Weight Watchers Angel Hair Pasta with Eggplant-Tomato Sauce|
|See all the veggies that go into this pasta dish!|
A little taste of summer with all the veggies and a pop of salt with the feta cheese!
|Blueberry, grape and sunflower seed salad|
I served it up with a yummy blueberry, grape, and sunflower seed salad topped with a balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
Angel Hair Pasta with Eggplant-Tomato Sauce
From the Weight Watchers Website
- 1 medium uncooked eggplant slice into 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick rounds
- 1 medium sweet red pepper (cut into slices after it is roasted on the grill)
- Olive Oil Spray
- 3/4 tsp salt, divided
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic clove, minced (I used 3 medium ones - I like garlic!)
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp Basil, fresh, minced or chiffonade-d (Here is a link to a way detailed directions on how to chiffonade.)
- 2 Tbsp chives, fresh, minced
- 1/2 cup fat-free vegetable broth
- 8 oz uncooked angel hair pasta, cooked according to package directions, drained
- 2 oz feta cheese (The recipe called for 4 oz, but I think that much would have overwhelmed the pasta
Coat the eggplant slices with cooking spray and place in a grill basket or tray. Coat the red pepper with cooking spray and place directly on the grill. Place the eggplant on the grill and cook until lightly browned and tender, about 2 to 3 minutes pre side. Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature. (You could also roast the veggies in the oven.)
For the pepper, cook until the skin is charred on the outside. Put the pepper in a glass bowl and seal with a small plate or foil. Allow the pepper to steam a few minutes. Remove the pepper from the bowl and pull the charred skin off the pepper. Don't worry about getting every drop of skin off.
Cool the eggplant and pepper slightly and cut into bite-sized pieces.
Coat a large nonstick skillet with the olive oil. Heat over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minute until fragrant being careful that it doesn't burn -burnt garlic is very yucky - trust me! Add tomatoes and cook until slightly pulpy, about 1 minute more. Stir in vegetables, remaining 1/4 tsp salt, red pepper flakes, black pepper, basil, chives, and broth; increase heat to medium-high. Cook until broth is slightly reduced and mixture has a sauce consistency, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add cooked pasta and toss to coat. Stir in cheese just before serving. Top with a bit more feta and basil for garnish.
Served 6 - 1 1/2 cups per serving. Just 6 little WW points!
If carbs make you as happy as they make me, I highly recommend this pasta dish for a little carb heaven without the guilt!