Pages

Friday, December 7, 2012

Two Hour Tote Bag

We have two people moving on to new adventures at work and I wanted to send them off with something personal.  Hence, my weeknight sewing from the previous blog...

I decided to make some tote bags because what teacher doesn't need another tote bag, right?  I used the same pattern as I did for the birthday tote, but eliminated all the piecing and made it a soft bag by just using fusible fleece and no decor bond or peltex.  

I had all the fabric, etc in my stash so they went together quickly.  Even so, it was still after 10pm when I finished the first one.  I discovered that my topstitching gets a little wonky after 10pm on a weeknight...Don't look too closely!

This one was for a teacher who is leaving for a fantastic opportunity at another school:


Tote with our school logo so she
won't forget us!
The reverse side has the logo of the
her new school.  We are reluctantly

letting her go!  :-(
This one- made the next night - was for my student teacher who is graduating. I put our school logo on one side and her name on the other.

It was so wonderful working with
her that we made her an honorary
Cavalier!
Her whole name was here, but
I edited it out for her privacy.






















The fantastic thing about these bags is that I made each of them in just under 2 hours from uncut fabric to finished tote bag!

The perfect weeknight sewing bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment