Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Birthday Tote

Today was my son's girlfriend's birthday and I wanted to make something special for her.  What can any college-aged girl use?  A tote bag, of course!  I made this tote once before with my niece and really like the result.  The pattern is perfect for beginners like my niece and for more experienced sewers who are looking for a quick and easy project with a beautiful and practical end product.

I used this pattern that I bought at the Artful Quilter - which has since gone out of business.  :-(


It isn't really a pattern - just directions and dimensions for all the fabric pieces.  All the pieces are straight edges and the directions are simple and clear.  I cut out the bag yesterday in about an hour and a half and then sewed it together today in under two hours!  (It took a bit longer with my 12-year-old niece - but what a great project to learn on!)

Here is the finished tote:

Do you like the little monogram on the side?
The inside is lined with a coordinating pattern and has 6 little pockets:

So hard to get a picture of the inside of a totebag!
I already posted a picture of the one I made with my niece on facebook, but that was before I had the blog.  Sorry if this is a repeat.

Fuzzy picture!  This taken with my old blackberry - Awful picture quality!

Two projects completed in one week!  I'm in summer sewing nirvana!  
What are you sewing this summer?


No comments:

Post a Comment