Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Crazy for Summer Crazy Patch Pillow

One of the best things about summer - and there are oh so many good things - is the chance to finish up a lot of UFOs (unfinished objects).  I have an amazing number of UFOs in my little sewing room.  It is not so much that I don't want to finish the project or even that I don't have the time to finish, but the draw of that new, fun challenge is just too much to overcome sometimes.  The UFOs are starting to pile up...So...I have dedicated this summer to whittling down the pile of UFOs.

This week's no-longer U - FO is the crazy patch pillow from my Stitchin' Charleston Style trips two years ago.  It was really a fun project to work on - but there was a lot of detail (read: It took some time to complete).  Laura Jenkins Thompson is the designer of this little gem.  She is such a talented designer and teacher.  All of her projects are packed with amazing detail!


We started six of the patches in class and then Laura sent us home with directions for the rest.  Each patch has some sort of embellishment and then every seam is embellished.  It was great fun to work on. The seam embellishments were the perfect project for the car trips we have been taking this summer - not too detailed or small.

I decided that with so much embellishment on the front, I couldn't leave the back unadorned so I added some pretty buttons from my stash.


So...One more UFO  is complete!  Next up...Nevermind...I don't want to commit myself.  I never know when I will be distracted by what will become the next UFO!  :-)
What projects are you wrapping up this summer?


2 comments: