Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Lunch Dilemma Temporarily Solved

Just when I thought I was all out of ideas for lunch I find this magazine at the grocery store:

Lunch ideas are waiting just inside!
The first page I open to is a two-page spread titled:  6 Ideas for Sandwiches






It was a hard choice but we started with the Roast Beef, Gouda, and Apple Sandwich





Cheesy, Roast beef deliciousness!









Definitely a do-over...We'll be having another for lunch tomorrow!  :-)

Roast Beef, Gouda, and Apple Sandwich
1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
2 Slices of Challah Bread
2 Ounces thinly sliced roast beef
1 ounce Gouda, Sliced
1/4 Apple Sliced (I used more!)
1/2 cup watercress, thick stems removed
(They didn't have watercress the day I went shopping so I subbed baby arugula)

1.  Spread the mustard on the bread and form a sandwich with the roast beef, Gouda, apple and greens.

That's it!  Five minutes to a delicious lunch.  Happy, Happy Monday!

Next up...Double-Onion Turkey Sandwich - Better get some breath mints...

Hope that you are finding some time to enjoy a few feasts with loved ones this season.  Hug them and tell them you love them every chance you get!

No comments:

Post a Comment