Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Entropy.

Entropy:  The scientific theory that, given a constant volume and no additional energy input, all systems will lose energy therefore falling from a more organized state to a less organized state and, in the case of my sewing room, eventually - chaos.

Need proof:
Entropy in Action!

Yep...Entropy!




No Energy in...



















Chaos in my sewing room!










I haven't had time to sew in my sewing room since the Hurricane Skirt and still...somehow my room has descended into chaos.  How does this happen???

So, instead of sewing yesterday, I organized.  The final results?  Sewable again. 
Energy in...Organized again...sort of.


I didn't get to any new projects, but I finished up one little repair of a project from several years back.  It wasn't real sewing, but it felt nice to be in my space again.  

I have several Christmas projects in the works and am anxious to start those in my nicely de-entropied space.  

Anyone else out there fight entropy in your sewing/crafting space?  

2 comments:

  1. Donna Ozolins MillerDecember 3, 2012 at 9:18 AM

    It gets to a point where just looking at my piles becomes energy draining. Then like you I must organize to get started again. It is the hemming, add a button, and fix that holey knee piles that begin to take over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain. I'm hoping to get to a real sewing project tonight. I just have to stay awake long enough! :-)

    ReplyDelete