So...Time to get creative!
The goal this week: Combine as many leftovers with as few new ingredients as possible until it is all gone - oh- and make it taste good so Hubby will not run from the dinner bell tomorrow night!
Leftover Dinner 1: Turkey Shepherd's Pie
|Turkey Shepherd's Pie|
- Carrot and Celery Sticks (from the appetizer table) diced
-Onions Chopped (Non-Thanksgiving ingredient)
-Green bean casserole
-Chicken Broth (Left from making gravy and stuffing)
-Chopped leftover turkey
-Frozen peas (Found semi-buried in the freezer)
- Mashed Potatoes (Leftover - of course!)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese (Non-TG ingredient)
1. Saute the Carrots, Celery and Onion until crisp-tender
2. Add in the Green bean casserole and the broth until it is the consistency of thick soup.
3. Add in the chopped turkey and the frozen peas.
4. Transfer to a casserole and top with the mashed potatoes.
5. Bake, covered, at 350 degrees until bubbly. Take off the cover and add a couple Tablespoons of cheese - however much or little you like. Bake until cheese is melted
|Serve with a salad and dinner is on!|
Stay tuned for leftover dinner #2 tomorrow.
What is your favorite leftover feast? Leave a comment and let us know!