|The table is all set!|
I won't bore you with all the details but may post a few of my favorite recipes over the next few days.
Here is a peek of what we are thankful for in our family...
We are thankful for the plenty that we are provided with each day.
We are thankful for the food that nourishes our body and the family and friends that nourish our soul.
|Butternut Squash and Apple Soup by The Barefoot Contessa|
|Cheddar and Gruyere Pinwheel Rolls|
We are thankful for our home, country and freedom that so many have sacrificed to protect.
|Turtle Pumpkin Pie|
|Nana's Pecan Pie A La Carolyn|
We are thankful for all the sweetness in our life each day.
|Dutch Apple Pie|
I am hoping that you had a restful and joy-filled Thanksgiving full of feasts and family!
Cheddar and Gruyere Pinwheel Rolls
1 loaf frozen white bread dough
1/4 cup finely diced onion
1/4 cup white cheddar cheese, grated
1/4 cup gruyere Cheese, grated
2 Tbsp Butter
1. Allow the bread dough to thaw in the refrigerator according to package directions.
2. When thawed, roll dough into a 12" x 15" rectangle. (This takes some patience because it likes to spring back to its original shape)
3. Brush melted butter over the dough.
4. Mix the onion and cheeses in a small bowl and sprinkle over the top of the buttered dough.
5. Roll up the dough starting on one long side
6. Cut the dough into 9 - approximately 1" - slices and place cut side up in a 2" deep baking pan. Leave a little room between rolls for rising.
7. Cover with greased plastic wrap or a damp towel and allow to rise in a warm place until dough is almost doubled in size.
8. Bake at 350 degrees until rolls are golden brown - approximately 20 minutes.
|Easy and delicious - and no one will know that you|
had a little help from the freezer section!