|Trust me...You want these!|
Here are the basics of how to make these delicious little gems:
1. Unroll puff pastry sheets and cut in thirds length-wise and then again cross-wise to make 9 squares.
2. Drop a small Tbsp of cherry pie filling (yes, right from the can!) into the center of the puff pastry. Don't be tempted to put more in. It will just bubble out and make a mess.
Here is where I got a little creative and added just a smidge of some nutella that I had in the cabinet left from the hazelnut banana bread that I made a while ago.
You could add any pie filling that you like...apple, peach, strawberry...whatever you love.
3. Gather 2 of the diagonal sides and pinch to seal.
4. Gather the opposite 2 sides and pinch it all together to make a cute little packet of yumminess.
5. Place the packets on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
6. Beat one egg and lightly brush the pastries with the egg wash.
7. Top with sugar. I used turbinado (Raw) sugar because I love the big chunky crystals.
8. Bake at 375 degrees until puffed and golden brown - about 15 - 20 minutes.
9. While pastries are baking mix up a glaze of 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla and enough milk to make a thick, but pourable glaze.
10. Drizzle warm pastries with glaze and then try not to eat the entire tray!
Doesn't that just make you smile?
I'm thinking these might have to join our Christmas morning feast...
Hope you have had some sweetness in your week!