Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Beaded Scarf


So...After finally getting my  sewing room entropy under control, I was able to do a bit of a repair on a beaded scarf that I made for my mother a few years back.  
Beaded Scarf from Threads Magazine
It was a project originally published in this issue of Threads magazine:
Threads No. 67 November 1997

I made one for me and one for my mother many moons ago.  It is made of burnout velvet with a silk chiffon lining.

The beading on my mother's scarf broke and before I could fix it I needed to find the magazine so I could remember how the heck I did it.  

So...remember entropy?  Yeah...still affecting my sewing room!  I needed to go through every single magazine (and I have/had many!)  The plus side...After recycling 6 bags of old magazines, I now have a beautifully organized shelf full of Threads, Inspirations, Sew Beautiful, Australian Smocking and Embroidery and Sew News/Sew Stylish - organized by type - in date order!

I seriously love my labeler!

After locating the needed issue, I got started on the repairs:
Before






After!






Good as new!  The organizing and searching took longer than the actual repair! Ha!  My life!

Have you done any project recently where the prep took longer than the actual project?



2 comments:

  1. Love the organization! I need to take a few tips and organize my room. The sewing room never looked better. And the first picture really shows the gorgeous blue of the scarf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I cheated a little and only took pictures of the parts of the room that are organized! I had a lot of fun working with the blue velvet for the scarf. It was a pain to sew by machine so I ended up hand sewing it - which turned out to be surprisingly relaxing!

      Delete