|Pizza on a stick! Yes, please!|
They were super easy to make:
- Choose whatever pizza ingredients you want. I chose turkey pepperoni, artichoke hearts, olives, mushrooms, red and green bell pepper and grape tomatoes.
- Load them up on the skewer. Mine were about 4-5 inches long.
- Next, wrap one inch thick strips of refrigerated pizza dough around each skewer. I bought Pillsbury artisan (I think the artisan means it is rectangular) whole wheat crust and was able to wrap 14 skewers - I patched some together to make them long enough.
|Wrap the pizza dough - stretching slightly. Pinch at the top and bottom|
to seal it.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and pop them in a 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes until the crust is golden and the other ingredients are warmed.
- While they are still warm, sprinkle them with shredded mozzarella.
- Serve with warm pizza sauce.
|Pizza on a stick!|
Judging from the empty serving plate at book club, I'm thinking they got the thumbs-up!
These would have been perfect Super Bowl food. But, I guess since I am not much of a sports fan, book club is sort-of my Super Bowl!
What can I say? I'm a science teacher...I can't help being a geek!