Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pizza on a Stick!

Yep!  Pizza on a stick!  Blame it on pinterest.  I saw this on a Taste of Home post on pinterest and made my own version for Book Club.
Pizza on a stick!  Yes, please!
They were super easy to make:  

  • Choose whatever pizza ingredients you want.  I chose turkey pepperoni, artichoke hearts, olives, mushrooms, red and green bell pepper and grape tomatoes. 
  • Load them up on the skewer.  Mine were about 4-5 inches long.
  • Next, wrap one inch thick strips of refrigerated pizza dough around each skewer.  I bought Pillsbury artisan (I think the artisan means it is rectangular) whole wheat crust and was able to wrap 14 skewers - I patched some together to make them long enough.  
Wrap the pizza dough - stretching slightly.  Pinch at the top and bottom
to seal it.
  • Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and pop them in a 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes until the crust is golden and the other ingredients are warmed.
  • While they are still warm, sprinkle them with shredded mozzarella. 
  • Serve with warm pizza sauce. 
Pizza on a stick! 
Judging from the empty serving plate at book club, I'm thinking they got the thumbs-up!
These would have been perfect Super Bowl food.  But, I guess since I am not much of a sports fan, book club is sort-of my Super Bowl! 
What can I say?  I'm a science teacher...I can't help being a geek!

Happy munching!

No comments:

Post a Comment