|Grilled Salmon Kabobs|
The yogurt sauce is like a Southern tzatziki sauce. What makes it Southern? Instead of cucumber there are little bits of pickled okra mixed in! The dill is fresh from my garden.
I served this with some fresh corn on the cob and some instant brown rice. It was the perfect beginning of summer meal!
|These were delish!|
Grilled Salmon Kabobs
From Southern Living Magazine 6/13
- 3 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper
- 1 (2 1/4 lb) whole skinless salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pickled okra
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 6 (12-inch) wooden or metal skewers
- 3 small cucumbers
- 12 Grape tomatoes
1. Stir together first 4 ingredients in a bowl; transfer to a large zip-top plastic freezer bag. Add salmon, seal bag, and turn gently to coat. Chill 3 hours, turning occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, stir together yogurt and next 4 ingredients; cover and chill until ready to serve. Soak wooden skewers in water 30 minutes. (Omit if using metal skewers.)
3. Preheat grill to 350 to 400 degrees (medium-high) heat. Scrape outside of cucumbers length-wise using tines of a fork, scoring skin all the way around; cut into a half moons.
4. Remove salmon from bag. Thread salmon, cucumbers, and tomatoes alternately onto skewers, leaving a 1/8 inch space between pieces.
5. Grill, covered with grill lid, 5 to 6 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Serve with yogurt mixture.