Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Beading at the Beach

So... all those cloudy days at the beach that I told you about in my last post also left us plenty of time to do some beading at the beach.  A couple of years ago we discovered this cute little beading/coffee shop in Frisco where we stay.  So we headed over for a couple hours of fun playing with beads.

Here is my effort:
My effort at a bracelet and necklace set








I made the bracelet on the first rainy day and the necklace on a rainy day towards the end of the trip.
Bracelets and earrings made by my daughter and her friends


The shop is run by a lovely mother and daughter team.  The real charm of the shop is how welcome they make you feel. Both are extremely talented artists and are generous in helping you find your inner jewelry designer. It is almost as if they have invited you into their home for a little craft party!  Truly a great experience.  And you have a beautiful piece of beaded jewelry to wear when you get home!


So...I wouldn't say that I will ever be a jewelry maker, but it was fun to try something new and especially fun to spend a couple of rainy day creative hours with the getting-pretty-grown-up girls in my life. 

I'll have to think of some more crafty activities that a 40-something mom and 20 something daughters can work on together.  Suggestions?




No comments:

Post a Comment