Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Pinterest Week Continues...

And the Pinterest fun continues...

Tuesday's Pinterest Feast:
Lemon Rosemary Basil Chcken
from:  Tidy Mom




















Sorry about the blurry photos - we were in a hurry to serve up because it smelled so amazing!


The verdict:  Pin It!  
This dish uses chicken tenders in a quick, sweet-tangy, lemony marinade that tenderized the chicken and left the, normally blah tenders with some serious flavor.






Changes that I made:

  • I used 2 Tbsps of olive oil instead of 4
  • I used a bit more lemon juice - cuz my lemons were big and I didn't want to waste the extra couple Tbsps.
  • I used more garlic and rosemary - 4 cloves of garlic instead of 3 and 1 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary from the garden
  • I rushed the marinating a bit.  I think that it would have been even better if I had given it 45 minutes or so.
For the side, I made up a quick zucchini sauté inspired by my time in Italy:
Sauteed zucchini with mint
  • 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
  • 4-5 small zucchini, thinly sliced
  • 1 red pepper, sliced
  • 4-5 large mint leaves, thinly sliced 
  • Olive oil (about 1-2 Tbsp)
1.  Heat oil over medium heat in a non-stick pan.  Add garlic slices and sauté until lightly golden brown and fragrant.  Remove garlic from pan, leaving the flavored oil. Be careful that you do not burn the garlic or you will have to start over with a clean pan because burnt garlic is very bitter.
2.  Add the peppers to the garlic-flavored oil in the pan and sauté until just beginning to soften.
3.  Add zucchini slices to the pan and allow them to lightly brown on one side before turning them over.  Continue to sauté until the zucchini are just past crisp-tender.
4.  Remove to a serving platter.  Sprinkle with coarse salt, and sliced mint.  

If you are really lucky, you have a great friend who brings you finishing oils from New York City and you can drizzle your zucchini with that - and boy was it good!  Thanks Jill!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment