Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

St Patty's Day Feasting

Being half Irish, I couldn't let St. Patty's go by without pictures of our celebration...
Flowers from the yard brightened the St. Patty's table.































We had the requisite Corned Beef and Cabbage - the easiest meal to make ever!  
Corned Beef and Cabbage


















I bought the corned beef (flat cuts) at Wegmans and then all it needs is quick rinse and a stay in a pot with boiling water for about 3 hours.  















I throw in the veggies - onions, carrots, potatoes and cabbage in the last 20-30 minutes.  

Serve with a grainy mustard.  We had a grainy mustard with Guinness.  Mmmm!









To top off the night my wonderful husband made us all Irish coffees with some Jamison's whiskey.  Now I am not a coffee drinker, but apparently I like Irish coffee.  Who knew how good coffee could be with a bunch of sugar, whiskey and whipped cream to top it off!

These are my Grandmother's Irish coffee glasses with scenes from her hometown - Dubuque, Iowa on them.  My grandmother was pure German but she married an Irishman and was born on St. Patty's day so we let her be an honorary Irishwoman.  :-)



To go with the coffee my mother made some Guinness Black and Tan Brownies from Cooking Light.  I'm mad that I forgot to take a picture of them because she dressed them up with cute green sparkly sprinkles and all.  And...they were delicious!

It was a fun family night with representatives from multiple generations around the table.  We toasted my (really) Irish grandfathers and my honorary Irish grandmother and knew that they were smiling down and lifting their glasses with us!  

St. Patrick's Day Blessings Upon You!  

No comments:

Post a Comment